Reaching for the ALL STARS…
“I got a feeling, that tonight’s
gonna be a good night!”
I left work today a little before 5 p.m. and hit the road to go back to the land of the Stars! Traffic was a lot worse then yesterday!! In the past three days, I have spent about 19 hours on the road in the hunt for Mickey’s and although sitting in traffic is definitely not fun, I am actually a lot more comfortable on the road as a result of my adventures!
First stop tonight was Union Station in Los Angeles. I was a little nervous walking up there by myself, but I put on my sunglasses and my I am a tough girl face, and it worked like a charm. I walked by one man sitting on a bench in orange pants and I was not sure if he was just out jail, but I was not going to stop and ask. It cost me $2 to park for 4 minutes, but worth every penny because I got my picture of the Pittsburgh Pirates Mickey Statue!
After leaving Union Station, I was ready to reach for the stars and headed to Hollywood! I’m not sure if people in this area are just angry because they sure do honk and yell a lot. I also don’t understand why people hit the crosswalk button so many times. I’m pretty sure that if you hit it once or 52 times, the light will not change any faster.
I found a photo op with the Cincinnati Reds Mickey at the Holiday Inn Express before heading to the infamous Hollywood Boulevard. After another $2 to park, I found three Mickey Statues in close proximity – Kansas City Royals, Seattle Mariners, and Philadelphia Phillies. I only had one more stop for the night, Industry Rag,where I found the Cleveland Indians Mickey Statue!
This adventure has been one of a kind. I have learned and seen a lot about the area. I am so fired up for the MLB All Star festivities!! My husband and I will celebrate our ONE YEAR Wedding anniversary on Saturday, June 12, and I cannot think of a better gift for both of us to share than the MLB All Star Game tickets! (I should definitely get an A for effort!!)
HERE is the UPDATED LIST!!
- All-Star Game Mickey- Anaheim City Hall
- All-Star Game Mickey- Anaheim Convention Center
- American League Mickey – Hilton Anaheim
- National League Mickey – Anaheim Marriott
- Minnesota Twins Mickey- Anaheim GardenWalk
- Anaheim Angels Mickey- Angel Stadium
- Atlanta Braves Mickey- Disney Esplanade
- Florida Marlins Mickey- Downtown Disney – ESPN Zone
- Oakland Athletics Mickey – Muzeo
- San Diego Padres Mickey – South Coast Plaza
- Detroit Tigers Mickey – Crown Plaza Anaheim
- New York Mets Mickey – Irvine Spectrum Center
- Colorado Rockies Mickey – The Market Place
- Boston Red Sox Mickey – Discovery Science Center
- Arizona Diamondbacks Mickey – The District at Tustin Legacy
- Chicago Cubs Mickey – Orange County Zoo
- Milwaukee Brewers Mickey – The Strand in HB
- Houston Astros Mickey – Long Beach Towne Center
- New York Yankees Mickey – ESPN Zone at L.A. Live
- Los Angeles Dodgers Mickey – The Music Center
- Chicago White Sox Mickey – Holiday Inn – Santa Monica
- Kansas City Royals Mickey – El Capitan Theatre
- Cincinnati Reds Mickey – Holiday Inn Express – Walk of Fame
- Cleveland Indians Mickey – Industry Rag
- Seattle Mariners Mickey – Kodak Theatre
- Philadelphia Phillies Mickey – Hollywood & Highland Center
- Pittsburgh Pirates Mickey – Union Station
Posted on June 9, 2010, in Explore OC, Life of Holls, Mickey Scavenger Hunt and tagged All Star Game 2010, Cleveland Indians, Disney Consumer Products, Find Mickey Scavenger Hunt, Hollie Eisenman, Hollywood, Kansas City Reds, Major League Baseball, Mickey Mouse, MLB, Philidelphia Phillies, Pittsburgh Pirates, Seattle Mariners, Statue, Union Station. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.