You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘linea negra’ tag.
Tomorrow, I will be twenty weeks pregnant which means I am over half way in my twin pregnancy journey! There is a lot about pregnancy that I did not know before actually becoming pregnant, and now I am finding out as I go along.
Here is my Top 20 List of things I never knew about pregnancy before becoming pregnant…
1. Regardless of multiples running in your family, every woman has a 2.9% chance of conceiving twins. After you have had multiples once, your chance of having multiples again, doubles the next time you get pregnant.
2. There is a study that indicates that taking extra folic acid before you conceive may cause your body to release more than one egg. My husband and I are planners, so we were taking prenatals and extra folic acid for 6 months before we conceived.
3. The horrible acne. Sometimes I feel like puberty has hit all over again and my face, back and shoulders have been taken over by acne bumps.
4. I’ve had extreme exhaustion. Sometimes, after just being awake for 3 hours, I feel like I just ran a marathon and it’s time for a nap.
5. The frequent need to urinate. I think I should leave a book in the bathrooms since I am in there so often.
6. My belly, especially around my belly button, is growing, what I call, blonde, peach-fuzz hair.
7. Climbing four flights of stairs to get to my apartment literally leaves me breathless. Thankfully, there is an elevator which I am going to start taking advantage of.
8. I assumed I would have lower back pain, but lately, I’ve had daily, stabbing, upper back pain.
9. I feel sorry for my husband, but there is no avoiding pregnancy gas. Enough said.
10. As your belly grows, it starts to itch. I have found that keeping it moisturized does help.
11. It is common for your gums to bleed a lot more while pregnant and it is important to let your dentist know that you are pregnant, before you get in his chair.
12. Pregnant women are advised against eating deli meat unless it is steamed. This is one rule I have broken on occasion.
13. My nose is either stuffy or runny all of the time. There is no in-between.
14. I have a lot of cravings that stem from what I see or hear. A commercial or my husband telling me what he had for lunch. All of a sudden, that becomes my instant craving.
15. Severe leg cramps can wake you up from a dead sleep and send you jumping eight feet out of your bed. So far, there is not much I can do to ease the pain.
16. The snoogle (fish-hook shaped body pillow) is one of the best inventions ever made and will give you a much better night sleep or day nap!
17. There will be times where you will cry because of a commercial, t.v. show, song, and sometimes for no reason at all.
18. Some pregnant women have the “linea negra,” a vertical line that runs down the abdomen and through the belly button.
19. The doctors used to have a difficult time drawing blood because they could never find my veins. Now, you can see blue veins everywhere, take your pick.
20. It is one thing for friends and family to rub the belly but it is very odd for strangers to come up to you and without asking, put their hands on your growing baby, but this will happen. With that said, it still feels a little awkward for anyone, other then your husband, to rub your belly.
The joys of pregnancy! It is amazing all of the wonderful things first-time expecting moms learn through the pregnancy process. Even though, I’m getting slower, my back constantly aches, and even turning over in bed is sometimes a hassle, I wouldn’t trade a minute of it. I cannot wait for my beautiful baby girls to arrive at the end of June!
As many changes that are happening on the inside of my body, I keep noticing different things happening on the outside of my body too. One thing I’ve noticed is a very faint line running through the center of my belly.
I did some research to make sure that this happened to other pregnant women and not just me. After all, I did have a 2.9% chance of having twins, so I do seem to beat the odds of “normal.”
The line is called linea negra and is caused by additional hormones in your body. With two girls in there, I’m guessing I have a lot of extra hormones!
Having twins, I know my belly is going to be “the size of a house,” and I’m already trying to think ahead to prevent stretch marks.
In doing some research on stretch marks, I found out that you are more likely to get them if you are carrying multiples or gain a lot of weight rapidly. My body has definitely gone through a lot of changes and is carrying a lot more weight then it is used too!
I know that there may be no prevention in getting stretch marks, but I am trying to keep my belly as moisturized as possible.
Shelby, a great friend and blogger for Glitterful Felt Stories, sent me some Vital Earth Traditions Herbal Beauty Belly Butter and Herbal Beauty Belly Oil. I absolutely love these two products. The product seems to have a second added benefit. Since I’ve become pregnant, I’ve been battling acne, and using these herbal products the acne seems to be going away. It is a double bonus!
This Friday, I will be 18 weeks along and with twins, we are getting close to the halfway point of pregnancy! I still have not felt my little ones move yet, (at least I thought I did once, but not sure if it was gas?) but I know I should be feeling them any day now! I can’t wait!!